After we receive your Advance Notification and fee, you will be ready to start the next steps:
1. Submit your application and fee online before beginning construction.
2. Begin your project. This includes construction, purchase of equipment, building and materials items, and other capital investment transactions.
3. Review of application. Upon receipt of your application and fee, we will review your application for compliance with the program rules and then forward it to the local governing authority for an approval resolution. Upon receipt of an approval resolution from the local governing authority, we will make a recommendation to the Board of Commerce and Industry.
4. Board review. Your application will be presented to the Board of Commerce and Industry for consideration of contract approval. The Board convenes every other month, meeting six times a calendar year.
5. Issue contract. Upon approval of your application by the Board of Commerce and Industry, a contract which includes the Project Completion Report and Affidavit of Final Cost will be sent to you for your signature. You will return four complete sets of the contract with original signature pages (five complete sets, if property is located in Orleans Parish). We will return a fully executed contract signed by the governor. The contract is for five years and may be renewed for an additional five years with local governing authority, Board and the governor's approval.
6. Submit Project Completion Report and fee. This form is part of the contract and must be filed with LED within 30 days following the last day of the month after effective use of the structure has begun or construction is essentially completed, whichever occurs first.
7. Submit Affidavit of Final Cost and fee. This form is part of the contract and shall be filed with LED within six months after construction has been completed, or within 90 days of the receipt of the executed contract, whichever occurs last.
8. Renewal. The same approval process, as used for the original application and contract will be followed for renewal. Submit a Renewal Application and fee to LED within six months of contract expiration. We will review your renewal application and then forward it to the local governing authority for an approval resolution. If approved by the local governing authority, your renewal application will be presented to the Board of Commerce and Industry for approval.
9. Board Review. Once the renewal application is approved by the Board of Commerce and Industry, contracts are sent to you electronically with instructions for signatures. We will return a fully executed contract signed by the governor.
10. Change in Name or Contract Transfer. If at any time during the term of a contract, a name change or transfer of ownership occurs; a Change in Name form or Contract Transfer form must be submitted to LED for approval. Upon receipt of an approval resolution from the local governing authority, we will present the request to the Board of Commerce and Industry for approval.