Privacy Notice Information
This privacy notice addresses the collection, use, and security of and access to information that may be obtained through use of www.led.state.la.us. The following topics are covered:
Information Collected and How It Is Used
Information presented on the LED website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas.
Personal identification information in an electronic form or an e-mail message containing a question or comment is used to respond to requests or questions. Email messages may be forwarded to other government employees who are subject specialists on specific questions.
Users are not required to provide personal information in order to visit LED or download information. Government agencies or various services offered on LED's website may request personally identifiable information in order to provide requested specialized services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a government office.
Information You Submit to LED and Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information about a person that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. PII includes such things as an individual's name, address and phone number. A domain name or Internet Protocol address is not considered PII.
LED only collects PII if you voluntarily participate in an activity that asks for information, i.e., sending an e-mail, signing up to receive e-mail, providing information at events, registering or participating in a listserv, participating in a survey, or obtaining a state service online (Louisiana Email Privacy Statement). LED does not rent or sell PII.
If you choose not to participate in these activities, your choice will in no way affect your ability to use any other feature of the LED website. If personal information is requested on the website or volunteered by the user, state law and the federal Privacy Act of 1974 may protect it. However, this information is a public record once you provide it, and may be subject to public inspection and copying if not protected by federal or state law. Users are cautioned that the collection of personal information requested from or volunteered by children online or by e-mail will be treated the same as information given by an adult and may be subject to public access. LED does not solicit information from minors or use measures to determine whether information submitted is collected from a minor. Therefore, information will not be able to be identified as being provided by minors and users are cautioned that the collection of personal information requested from or volunteered by children online or by e-mail will be treated the same as information given by an adult, and may be subject to public access. As a government body, LED is required to maintain as public record many documents under Louisiana Public Records Law. Therefore, information submitted on this website is a public record once provided, and may be subject to public inspection and copying if not protected by federal or state law.
How to Update Your Personal Information or Review Your Information for Inaccuracies
You may use the opt-out link provided in e-mail communications from LED to remove your name from our mailing list. You may also unsubscribe from LED's mailing list on the e-mail sign-up form.
How Does LED Protect Your Personal Information?
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, LED Web servers employ industry-standard methods to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on LED servers are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law.
To better serve our users we may use "cookies" to customize your browsing experience with LED and to gather usage statistics on the LED website. Cookies are simple text files stored on your computer by your web browser. They provide a method of distinguishing among visitors to the LED site. Cookies may be used to store your preferences and information about such things as what pages you visit, past activity at a site, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses.
Cookies that may be created on your computer by using this website do not contain personally identifying information and do not compromise your privacy or security. The cookie feature may be used only to store a randomly generated identifying tag on your computer. You can refuse the cookie or delete the cookie file from your computer by using any of the widely available methods.
Neither the state of Louisiana, nor any agency, officer or employee of the state of Louisiana warrants the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published by this system, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products or services linked from this system and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so at his or her own risk.
Changes to Privacy Statement
On occasion LED may need to make changes to the policies set forth in this Privacy Statement and reserves the right to make changes without notice.
INFORMATION ON THE STATE OF LOUISIANA'S COMPUTER SYSTEMS IS MADE AVAILABLE AS A PUBLIC SERVICE, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS:
- Accuracy, Changes, and Continuity of Service. The State of Louisiana (State) tries to ensure that the information made available on its website, www.led.state.la.us, is accurate and complete. Due to factors beyond the control of the State however, it cannot guarantee against unauthorized modifications of information or errors made in inputting and posting data. The State may make changes to a Web page at any time to update, add or correct the information made available.
- No Warranties. The State disclaims any express or implied warranties related to making its computer system available for public use, and for any materials, information, graphics, products or processes contained within its computer system. It makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any responsibility for the use of information on the State's websites or computer system(s), or for the computer system's fitness for any general or particular purpose. The State does not warrant that the use of information on the State's system will not infringe or violate the rights of others. The public is granted access to information on the State's computer system on a strictly "as-is" basis. The State denies responsibility for the conduct of its users.
- External Links; Personal Opinions. State computer resources and materials may contain hypertext or other links to external Internet sites. These are provided only for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, sponsored or approved by the State. The State disclaims legal responsibility for any information, materials or services made available on external sites, and for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, regardless of whether the State operates the site, unless the personal opinions are official opinions issued by members of the State government. No other sections of this disclaimer statement are applicable to external sites beyond the control of the State.
- Copyright Limitations. The State has made the content of certain pages of its websites available to the public. Anyone may view, copy or distribute information found within these Web pages (not including the design or layout of the pages) for personal or informational use without owing an obligation to the State if the documents are not modified in any respect, and unless otherwise stated on the particular materials or information to which a restriction on free use applies. The State makes no warranty, however, that the materials contained within these pages are free from copyright claims, or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. The State disclaims any liability for the improper or incorrect use of information obtained from its websites.
- Assumption of Risk of Use. One who uses the information available for public use on the State's computer system assumes the risk of using or relying on such information. Neither the State, its employees nor its agents shall be liable for any damages, including indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages a user incurs as a result of viewing, distributing or copying materials on the sites made available to the public, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Monitoring and Protecting the System from Intrusion. All State computer systems are subject to monitoring to assure proper functioning of the system and to provide security for the computer system's operation. By using the computer systems, you are consenting to the exercise of such monitoring practices. The State reserves the right to use any legally appropriate measures to prevent and investigate anyone attempting to modify, deface, delete or otherwise tamper with or abuse a State website, server, database, information system or other State technology asset.
- Louisiana Law and Jurisdiction. The materials made available for public use on the State's websites are from computer systems located within the State, and are for the use and benefit of the citizens of Louisiana. Any person who uses these systems or attempts to gain access to information or materials on these systems is subject to the jurisdiction of the State of Louisiana. Any dispute arising from a person using or attempting to use information or materials on the State's websites shall be determined in accordance with Louisiana laws and in the courts of Louisiana.
External Links; Personal Opinions
State computer resources and materials may contain hypertext or other links to external Internet sites. These are provided only for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, sponsoredor approved by the State. The State disclaims legal responsibility for any information, materials or services made available on external sites, and for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, regardless of whether the State operates the site, unless the personal opinions are official opinions issued by members of the State government. No other sections of this disclaimer statement are applicable to external sites beyond the control of the State.
Information found on the website is not an endorsement. Links and information are provided as a service only. The user is responsible for evaluating any content and the usefulness of that content. Information on the website should not be used for legal, financial or personal decisions. You should seek professional advice specific to your situation.
By sending or transmitting any ideas, suggestions or other information you hereby grant to LED and our designees a royalty-free and without compensation to you the right to use, reproduce, distribute and publicly display Submission Materials in any known media or later devised media.