Louisiana Contractors Accreditation Institute General Contractors Seminar
The Louisiana Contractors Accreditation Institute, a partnership between Louisiana Economic Development, Louisiana Community & Technical College System and the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors offers seminars and courses to small and emerging construction businesses that assist in building a solid foundation of knowledge within the construction industry.
The Louisiana Contractors Accreditation Institute (LCAI) General Contractors Seminar provides foundational technical knowledge that is essential to a general contractor in order to sustain a business within the construction industry.
- Ten week course, with two hour sessions twice a week
- Taught by industry leaders
- Offered via interactive distance learning to multiple locations throughout the State
- All information and materials disseminated during the LCAI General Contractors Seminar will be focused on commercial construction.
- Commercial Construction topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Print Reading
- Building Calculations
- Site Work, Demolition, and Construction
- Foundations, Formwork, and Retaining Walls
- Interior Finishes and Exterior Finishes
- Roofs and Roof Structures
- Structural Loads
- Concrete and Masonry
- Steel Construction
- Fire Protection Systems
- Related Trades
- Types of Construction and Special Construction
- Special Equipment
- Safety Codes