Mentor-Protégé Recognition Program
LED’s Mentor-Protégé Recognition Program connects Louisiana-based small and emerging businesses to technical and developmental assistance provided by mentor companies. These mentor companies assist in building the capacity of the protégé businesses to compete successfully for public and private sector opportunities. LED’s Mentor-Protégé Recognition Program provides a more diverse business environment for certified small and emerging businesses, expanding the state’s economy and increasing available quality jobs.
Through this recognition program, mentor and protégé enter into an agreement and identify assistance and milestones for delivery throughout the term. Mentor is solely responsible for selecting protégé at their discretion. Mentor will notify successful protégé accordingly.
There are numerous benefits for both mentor companies and protégés, including:
- Connection to local suppliers and contractors while building a qualified and diverse supply chain
- Enhanced efficiency of procurement processes
- Public recognition for commitment to support Louisiana small businesses and exemplifying good corporate citizenship and social responsibility
- Enhanced business acumen, performance capacity and competitiveness
- Guidance to help avoid the pitfalls that deter business sustainability and growth
- Access to the experience and expertise of seasoned mentor companies who have been successful at building sustainable and profitable business