About Louisiana Economic Development
Louisiana Economic Development is responsible for strengthening the state's business environment and creating a more vibrant Louisiana economy.
Vision: Louisiana consistently outperforms the South and U.S. for job creation and economic opportunity.
Mission: Cultivate jobs and economic opportunity for the people of Louisiana, LED is aggressively pursuing eight integrated economic development strategies:
- Improve our state economic competitiveness
- Improve the competitiveness of our communities
- Identify and cultivate top economic development assets in each region of our state
- Place special focus on business retention and expansion
- Develop comprehensive national-caliber business recruitment capacity
- Cultivate innovation, entrepreneurship, and small business
- Develop robust workforce solutions
- Aggressively tell our story
With dedicated and knowledgeable professionals committed to Louisiana's economic future, LED strives to help businesses find the resources they need to make relocation and expansion a successful, profitable endeavor.
Public Records Requests: Contact Ron Thibodeaux, Press Secretary, 225.342.5145 (fax: 225.342.9390)