About Louisiana Economic Development
Louisiana Economic Development is responsible for strengthening the state's business environment and creating a more vibrant Louisiana economy.
Vision: Louisiana consistently outperforms the South and the U.S. in creating jobs and economic opportunities for its citizens.
Mission: Cultivate jobs and economic opportunity for the people of Louisiana through nine integrated economic development strategies:
- Strategically improve state economic competitiveness
- Engage with local partners to enhance community competitiveness
- Forge partnerships to enhance regional economic development assets
- Expand and retain in-state businesses
- Execute a strong business recruitment program
- Cultivate small business, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Enhance workforce development solutions
- Promote Louisiana's robust business advantages
- Attract foreign direct investments and grow international trade
With dedicated and knowledgeable professionals committed to Louisiana's economic future, LED strives to help businesses find the resources they need to make relocation and expansion a successful, profitable endeavor.
Public Records Requests: Contact Ron Thibodeaux, Press Secretary, 225.342.5145 (fax: 225.342.9390)